Simplicity - Castleblock™ consists of only two components: a block and the end piece. Compact, easy to stock bundles avoid wasting precious space and valuable inventory. This simplifies bidding, shortens take offs, reduces the work of your crew and eliminates the chance of ordering and receiving the wrong parts. One system easily forms all the building components: angles, corners, radius walls, brick ledgers, etc.
Superior strength - "in-house" manufacturing guarantees consistent quality when interlocking forms together and during the crucial period of the concrete pour. This virtually eliminates blowouts.
Warranty - Castleblock™ forms are 100% guaranteed against defects in manufacture and to perform in accordance with its technical specifications when following Company recommended practices.
Design and engineering - for Castleblock™ variable form system go directly to chapter 19th of the UBC.
Easier to transport -- our components allow assembly on site. Castleblock™'s design allows for more products (7500 sq ft) to be shipped per truckload.
Why use Castleblock™ over other ICF?
More choices for different applications - Castleblock™ offers you a choice of two types of block: column-and-beam standard form (SF10) and versatile variable form (12VWF) for solid poured walls.
Free technical help - Castleblock™ account managers provide on-site assistance in selected areas of the country. If no local account manager is available in your area, support will always be available from the Company's 800-support line.
Superior technical and instructional materials - our Design and Product Manual, installation guides, installation video, brochures, evaluation reports and other informative literature is available either directly from this website or via mail and UPS from our headquarters.
National recognition and industry verification - Castleblock™ systems have national code approvals (ICBO, BOCA, ICC, IRC and IBC). Local evaluation reports (City of Los Angeles, New York, State of Wisconsin, Texas, etc.), are also available.
Competitive pricing -- Castleblock™'s network of distributors ensures easy access to stocked materials guaranteeing competitive pricing. Low manufacturing costs are directly passed to the customer.
Why Builders Pick Castleblock™?
No waiting for subs (concrete, framing, etc.)
Easier to keep house in square with resulting cost savings for above grade floor, framing, roof, joists, etc.
- No form stripping
- Easier to attach waterproofing
- No prep solvents
- Eliminates waiting for sub to return
- Fewer chances of leaks
Eliminates follow on steps with framing and insulation subcontractors
Faster start above grade - sill plate can be attached day after pour instead of waiting on form stripping
Virtual elimination of walls cracking, thus limiting callbacks, structural problems, etc.
- Greater flexibility with poor weather and job site conditions
- Can be placed in rain
- Possible to work on muddy sites
- Wall insulation permits cold weather installation and concrete placement
Subs do not have to wait for availability of forms, skilled crews, etc.
No extra costs for angles, corners, drops, windows, doors, curved walls and other custom features
- Simple, all-in-one system
- Limits extra trips to pick up special tools, adjustable panel forms, attachments,etc.
- Fewer chances for mistakes
More forgiving system - easier to isolate blowouts and continue work, to keep walls aligned and in square during pour, etc.
Reduced injury history and worker's comp claims for general and/or subcontractors
Why Homeowners Choose Castleblock™?
- Permanent, low-maintenance structure
- Preservation of R-value for the life of the structure
- Safe and environmentally friendly
- Insulated concrete curing to 50% stronger than conventionally poured concrete
- Elimination of wall cracking, thus limiting callbacks, structural problems, leaks unpleasant odors, etc.
- Continuous insulation envelop versus "sieve" insulation system
- Simple to add windows, doors and other natural light access at lower sacrifice to insulation
- An average 5% increase in available floor space versus 2x4 framing; 7% versus 2x6 framing
- Elimination of deterioration of interior wall insulation and structural integrity
- Any additional cost paid back in reduced energy and HVAC costs
- Eliminates hiding places for pests (mice, cockroaches, etc.) by eliminating stud wall cavities
- Reduced fire hazard from electrical shorts in walls
- Less toxic in fires than wood
- Eliminates drafts from insulation cavities, creating a warm and cozy environment.